Here's something to remember: someone who works for you could lose their job – unless you protect your job, and your team members' jobs, by ensuring that each member pulls their weight and achieves their objectives. You do this in part by creating a working environment which employees know clearly what is expected of them, want to do it and know how to do it, and by providing a working environment that supports them doing it. You also do this by building a culture that allows the team to reach its objectives.
What will I achieve from this course? This course explains how to deal with the 'tough stuff' – how to turn performance around and what to do when you can't. You will:
- Know how to think through poor performance before jumping into a performance counselling discussions
- Know how to plan and lead a performance counselling discussion that helps employees improve unsatisfactory performance
- Understand the process for terminating someone's employment when performance counselling is unsuccessful
- Know how to support employees who have a performance problems
- Know how to build and sustain the trust and confidence of others
- Establish, contribute to and benefit from professional networks
- Make organisational politics work for you and your work team and get your ideas implemented and achieve work priorities and goals
- Know how to turn conflict into agreement
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for those who work in a management role in a business and wish to improve their knowledge and skills in modern management practice. It is also recommended for those who manage or own a small business and want to improve the quality of their operations, are looking to get into a management or supervisory role or want to improve their career prospects with additional qualifications this management.
Completion of Year 12 or equivalent or relevant industry experience.
Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course.
Basic computing literacy.
All participants receive a Certificate of Participation.
This course is one of the steps leading to achievement of the Phoenix Academy Diploma of Business course unit, Management 500, which is in partial completion of the nationally recognised qualification:
Course Delivery Methods
- Classroom based face-to-face
- Blended delivery
- Demonstration of skills
Cost: $175 inc GST
Duration: 8 hrs (4hrs x 2 days)
Dates: 21 February & 15 August 2011