Assigning Work and Team Building
Teamwork is an everyday occurrence whether it's at home, in the community, whilst playing sport or at work. We are all at some stage expected to be a functional part of a performing team. This workshop will encourage you to explore the different aspects of a team, as well as ways that you can become a top-notch team performer.
Learn how to
- Understand the concept of a team, and how to monitor success
- Explain the four phases of the Tuckman Team Development Model
- Understand the three types of teams
- Describe actions to take as a leader – and as a follower for each of the four phases (Forming, Storming, Norming and Performing)
- Understand the benefits and disadvantages of various team-building activities
- Describe several team-building activities that you can use, and in what settings
- Follow strategies for setting and leading team meetings
- Detail problem-solving strategies using the Six Thinking Hats model -- and one consensus-building approach to solving team problems
- List actions to do -- and those to avoid -- when encouraging teamwork
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for those who work in a management role in a business and wish to improve their knowledge and skills in modern management practice. It is also recommended for those who manage or own a small business and want to improve the quality of their operations, are looking to get into a management or supervisory role or want to improve their career prospects with additional qualifications this management.
Completion of Year 12 or equivalent or relevant industry experience.
Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course.
Basic computing literacy.
All participants receive a Certificate of Participation.
This course is one of the steps leading to achievement of the Phoenix Academy Diploma of Business course unit, Management 500, which is in partial completion of the nationally recognised qualification:
Course Delivery Methods
- Classroom based face-to-face
- Blended delivery
- Demonstration of skills
Cost: $175 inc GST
Duration: 8 hrs (4hrs x 2 days)
Dates: 14 February & 18 August 2011