Target Marketing Strategies and Customer Relationship Management
The goal of marketing is to create value and satisfy needs. However, everyone's needs are not the same. Understanding needs is a complex task.In this course, students learn why segmentation is important and the different dimensions used by marketers to segment the population. How marketers evaluate and select potential market segments is explained as is the development of a targeting strategy. Students understand how a company develops and implements a positioning strategy and creates a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) strategy to increase long-term success and profits. After careful study, students will learn that it's not only okay to treat people differently, but it is a requirement in successful marketing.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the need for market segmentation in today's business environment
- Know the different dimensions marketers use to segment consumer and business-to-business markets
- Explain how marketers evaluate and select potential market segments
- Explain how marketers develop a targeting strategy
- Understand how a company develops and implements a positioning strategy
- Know how marketers practise customer relationship management to increase long-term success and profits.
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for those who, are looking to get into a marketing role, manage or own a small business, or those want to improve their career prospects with additional qualifications this marketing.
Completion of Year 12 or equivalent or relevant industry experience.
Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course.
Basic computing literacy.
All participants receive a Certificate of Participation.
This course is one of the steps leading to achievement of the Phoenix Academy Diploma of Business course unit, Marketing 500, which is in partial completion of the nationally recognised qualification:
Course Delivery Methods
- Classroom based face-to-face
- Blended delivery
- Demonstration of skills
Cost: $175 inc GST
Duration: 8 hrs (4hrs x 2 days)
Dates: 25 April & 24 October 2011