We are social beings. Since humans first walked the earth, we have come together in small groups to plan, make decisions, learn from and support each other, and have fun. Meetings are a part of our culture. We have even developed technology that allows people in different cities, states and countries to meet. Teleconferences, Video Conferences and online chats are becoming commonplace. Never has it been easier for people to meet.
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand the different types of meetings and when to call them
- Know how to lead a meeting including what you are responsible for and how to avoid the common mistakes that meeting leaders make
- Understand what is special about virtual meetings
- Know how to prepare effectively for a meeting
- Know how to participate effectively in a meeting
- Understand the different requirements of formal and informal meetings
- Know how to record and produce minutes of a meeting
- Know how to record actions and produce an action plan
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for those who are looking to improve their communication and personal skills for the workplace and everyday life.
Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course.
Basic computing literacy.
All participants receive a Certificate of Participation.
Completion of this course leads to achievement of the following Unit of Competency:
BSBADM502B Organise Meetings
This course is in partial completion of the nationally recognised qualification:
Course Delivery Methods
- Classroom based face-to-face
- Blended delivery
- Demonstration of skills
Cost: $480 inc GST
Duration: 24 hrs (2 hours x 12 weeks)
4 January - 25 March 2011
4 July - 23 September 2011