Vocational Graduate Diploma in TESOL
The 39231QLD Vocational Graduate Diploma of TESOL and English Language Development provides highly specialised skills and knowledge in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages to enable a graduate to advance within the TESOL industry and to effectively develop TESOL curricula, to use advanced language skills in preparing English language students for language assessment and to conduct action research into own TESOL practice.
Participants will receive up to date input and have the opportunity to pursue their interests in the delivery of TESOL to young learners, teenagers or adults. The course will be a balance of study of the theoretical underpinning of TESOL and an opportunity to reflect and develop the practice of TESOL.
Who Should Attend
The course is open to all teaching professionals who wish to enhance their skills either as a teacher practitioner or as a teacher manager / academic administrator.
- Qualified teachers who want to apply for TESOL teaching positions within both the Government and Private High School Systems
- International TESOL professionals seeking to develop their teaching and language skills
- Those wishing to upgrade existing vocational qualifications
- Those wishing to pursue post graduate study
This qualification requires good language, literacy and computing skills and access to a computer with internet access.
- Successful completion of 39200QLD Vocational Graduate Certificate in TESOL or
- A Bachelor Degree (any discipline), three year diploma or other equivalent higher education qualification and
- A TESOL qualification meeting NEAS guidelines for ELICOS or AMEP and at least one year's post qualification TESOL teaching experience with a range of client groups at a range of language proficiency level
For learners from a non-English speaking background: IELTS 6.5 with no score under 6/ISLPR two skills at 3+ and two skills at 3 (or equivalent) as a minimum.
39231QLD Vocational Graduate Diploma of TESOL and English Language Development
The Phoenix Academy Graduate Diploma in TESOL qualification is accepted by Murdoch University for advanced standing towards their Master of Education.
Completion of the Phoenix Academy Graduate Diploma in TESOL will qualify teachers for ESL Authorisation Number EL 2 from the West Australian Department of Education
All Phoenix Academy courses are registered on the Australian Government Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). Phoenix Academy is accredited by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) to deliver the Vocational Graduate Diploma of TESOL, which is a nationally recognised qualification within the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Program Delivery Methods
At Phoenix Academy we incorporate flexible delivery and assessment methods including:
- Classroom based face-to-face
- Blended delivery
- Recognition of Prior Learning/Recognition of Current Competency (RPL/RCC)
- Demonstration of skills
Cost: $6000 (International) / $4500 (Domestic) inc GST
Duration: 18 weeks full time (International Students) / 12 weeks part time (Domestic Students)
Dates: 12 March - 13 July 2012 (International Students) / 30 April -13 July 2012 (Domestic Students)
Register now via email!
Download the registration form (PDF)
Download the International program brochure - includes registration form (PDF)
Download the Domestic program brochure - includes registration form (PDF)