Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults
The Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) course provides a qualification for teachers without previous training, little or no experience as a language teacher, or without a NEAS (National ELICOS Accreditation Scheme) recognised English language teaching qualification. The CELTA is recognised throughout the world and is a pre-requisite to teach in many institutions overseas and in Australia.
Successful candidates will:
- gain specialist knowledge in the field of English Language Teaching with methodology based on Best Practice in English language teaching institutions worldwide
- gain the recognition needed to work in accredited language centres both overseas and in Australia
- be provided with a sound practical basis for teaching General English to adults
- receive a report from Phoenix Academy upon course completion. Successful candidates receive their internationally recognised Cambridge certificate
- successful graduates from Phoenix Academy CELTA courses are automatically eligible for overseas teaching position.
Who Should Attend
The course is open to all people over 20 years of age.
- People who wish to travel, live and teach overseas
- Qualified teachers who wish to add EFL/ESL teaching skills to enhance their opportunities for teaching in both schools & post secondary government & private institutions
- Qualified teachers from overseas who wish to improve their English teaching skills
- Professionals who wish to develop their Train the Trainer skills
This qualification requires good language, literacy and computing skills and access to a computer with internet access.
- have reached a standard of education equivalent to university entrance level
- be 20 years of age or be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree programme
- be competent in written and spoken English in order to follow the course successfully
- complete a written application and pre-interview task
- attend an interview.
Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA)
Program Delivery Methods
At Phoenix Academy we incorporate flexible delivery and assessment methods including:
- Classroom based face-to-face
- Blended delivery
- Demonstration of skills
The Online Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) is an excellent alternative to a face‐to‐face course if you require a more extended program time or are not able to attend a face‐to‐face course due to location or other restrictions. For more information about this program, please click here.
Cost: $2975 / $2820 (Early Bird) inc GST
Duration: 130 hrs
Full Time: 2 January - 26 January
Part Time: 11 February - 18 April
Part Time: 29 April - 5 July
Full Time: 15 July - 9 August
Part Time: 26 August - 1 November
Full Time: 11 November - 6 December