English for Business
The international business world requires today’s businessmen & women to speak with confidence and ease face-to-face, on the telephone, or in written form, with managers, colleagues and clients. This 6-week course is designed to enable participants to communicate in English effectively and with confidence in an international business environment.
Participants will practise English speaking, listening, reading, writing, pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar within the context of business. They will be exposed to Western business practices, and notions of cross-culture as they communicate and will practice communicating in a range of different situations including:
- Speaking socially
- Giving presentations
- Speaking in meetings
- Negotiating with clients
Course Topics covered include:
- Social Discourse - speaking socially in business situations with an awareness of cross-culture, polite forms, and appropriacy.
- Communication in an international office environment – getting people to do things, speaking on the telephone and corresponding through notes, memos, letters and reports.
- Companies and personnel – describing companies and corporate structure, jobs and interviews, management styles and issues, industrial relations.
- Customer service – speaking about issues and trends in customer service – complaints and apologies, incentive schemes and creation of customer loyalty, giving advice.
- Finance / Economy – Speaking about economy, finance, facts and figures, gathering and interpreting information from charts, graphs and tables. The economy of your country and its position in the global economy.
- International meetings – participating in and leading meetings with knowledge of cultural issues, writing minutes, agreeing and disagreeing, interrupting, persuading, starting and closing a meeting.
- Presentations and Conferences – attending/ organising conferences and taking part in/giving a formal presentation.
- Negotiating and persuading – dealing with clients and board members.
- Issues in Business – ethics, environmental issues, public relations.
Who Should Attend
These course options are ideal for non-English speaking background corporate groups requiring intensive English language training for international business.
This course is designed for Intermediate level English language learners.
Course Delivery Methods
- Face to face classroom delivery.
- Training is conducted on site at our West Perth campus.
Cost: Enrolment Fee + AUD $2160.00
Duration: 6 weeks
3rd January - 10th February 2012
2nd April - 7th May 2012
9th July - 17th August 2012
10th September - 19th October 2012